Downeast Salmon Federation (DSF) is seeking a full-time Development Director to coordinate major gifts and strategic partnerships. The position reports to the Executive Director.
The principal responsibility of the position is to provide strategic direction and leadership for development to support the conservation mission of the DSF and its 2015–2020 Strategic Plan.
Specific duties include:
- Establish a comprehensive structure for effective fundraising and create annual and long-range fundraising plans
- Work collaboratively with Board and staff on all aspects of fundraising, including case statement development
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit major and planned gifts from individuals and corporations
- Develop new connections and strengthen existing relationships with major donors while expanding and diversifying the donor base
- Maintain a comprehensive donor management database
- Train and motivate Board and volunteers in fundraising practices
- Increase Board, fundraising committee, and volunteer giving and evaluate performance by tracking requests and results
- Attend monthly Board meetings and occasional fundraising committee meetings as well as special fundraising events
The ideal candidate will have a strong conservation ethic and a minimum of five years fundraising or related experience with an emphasis on major gifts.
Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a pertinent field
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with a proven track record of developing and maintaining significant donor relationships and securing major gifts
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment, with demonstrated ability to collaborate with Board, staff, and volunteers in a fundraising-based culture
- Comprehensive knowledge of fundraising techniques and donor database software
- A high level of professional maturity, judgment, and decisiveness
- Valid driver’s license
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references to Kurt Anderson, Associate Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until September 14, 2015 or until the position is filled.