Downeast Salmon Federation
The Downeast Salmon Federation (DSF) is a nonprofit based in Downeast Maine. DSF is involved in a wide variety of conservation work that ranges from Atlantic salmon
The Hatchery Technician is part of the team that operates our endangered Atlantic salmon hatcheries in East Machias and Columbia Falls, Maine. This is a full time, seasonal position mid-April (start date is negotiable) through November. There is a possibility of year-round, part-time employment with DSF, contingent on funding.
As the Hatchery Technician, you will:
- Support the successful operation of two Atlantic salmon hatcheries
- Daily husbandry of the fish;
- Seasonal hatchery tasks such, fin clipping, stocking, etc.;
- Maintaining specialized hatchery systems (pumps, oxygen, etc.);
- Required to be on call, which includes night and weekend work;
- Be available to work non-standard work days (i.e. split days – working in the morning and evening with some time off in the afternoon);
Conduct orsupport hatchery tours and school programs;
- Help maintain the hatchery facilities (i.e. hatchery maintenance, grounds keeping)
Preferably the candidate for this position would
The candidate must have reliable transportation. Due to the nature of operating salmon
This position is paid hourly at $14/hour.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.